New Yamaha Concept: T7

Well. I tried to use voice recognizing translator. Didn't work well though. But there are numbers. Something about 175-185kg. Wheelbase 1555cm. Something about the price of 9999 - 11500. Euros I guess. And sure the guys are super happy overall.

Edited by VISORHEAD
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/26/2017 at 9:53 AM, Eric Hall said:

Fine with me 'cause I'm 193! ;)

I'm 200, but inseam is the more critical measurement.  I only have a 34" inseam, so mostly torso.  I have 1" riser links on my DL1000 and can just flat foot it.  This bike looks very interesting, curious to see the final product.  I wasn't impressed with my buddy's Africa Twin on the road, but off road is is very impressive!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Im only 180 something, but I dont ride with my feet draging on the ground. Any real off road adventure bike needs good ground clearance. A dab with one foot is completely different to sitting idle trying to flat foot it.

I loved this concept when I first saw it, but more and more Im fearing the worst... a new F800. I can only pray that the chassis does not change and some after market companies will offer a parts kit that will convert it to the prototype.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Great article out from ADVPulse on the T7.  They are doing a world tour shakedown ride of the bike in various continents with some pretty famous riders getting to ride each stage.  This is a great way to launch a new bike and much better than BMW's LAME "One World, One GS" fiasco in 2013 where they had riders from around the world submit applications only to choose riders from the five major EU countries only ("One Continent.  One GS").

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, PeteN95 said:

I think the KTM790 will be much lighter and faster!

And more expensive and less robust. 

It is always a tradeoff and everyone has different requirments. The price will be the biggest factor for most people.... both capable bikes at vastly different prices.

14 hours ago, Nerb said:

And more expensive and less robust. 

It is always a tradeoff and everyone has different requirments. The price will be the biggest factor for most people.... both capable bikes at vastly different prices.

As with my predictions, I guess we'll see...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...