Eric Hall

New Yamaha Concept: T7

27 posts in this topic

On 5/23/2017 at 0:11 PM, Polar Nomad said:

Passenger pegs?  What the hell are those.  They need to ride their own bike.  That, or if you're looking to ride with a passenger, than you likely don't really need a bike that is designed for a much more aggressive off road bias style of riding opposed to many current Adv bikes.   

Negative, bunny pegs are awesome. 

1 person likes this

C'mon, we all know it's a boner-bike.  It will never be made as you see it, just like that rally-like CRF1000L concept Honda was fluffing us with less than a year before the final butterface model came out.  Oh right, sorry @Polar Nomad  :lol:

Q63A2800-Edit.jpg.fd2bf9bb6010afdc154459dec8613f8e.jpg

Ok! Now, this makes everything clear. I won't be lying. I was a bit scared posting kinda raw research based on two different pictures, no matter I tried my best to scale them up to be as close as possible to real size. This is Adrien Van Beveren Official Yamaha Rider. Height: 187cm. Yes, that's an official information(https://www.yamaha-racing.com/dakar/teams/rider/adrien-van-beveren). We can clearly see that getting off the bike he can't reach the ground. I'm 186cm and I can reach the ground sitting on XT660Z. Though, it is still way too much for many riders who would love to buy Baby Tenere. That makes me feel that the work I've done comparing these two machines (dimensions-wise) is very close to being true. Even though I've never had a chance to see it or sit on that beautiful, well, horse. Coz she is definitely not a pony.

Edited by VISORHEAD
2 people like this

Fine with me 'cause I'm 193! ;) 

I think everyone realizes this is just a concept bike and the real one they launch will be more ridable by the masses if also not more boring.

1 person likes this

Well. I tried to use voice recognizing translator. Didn't work well though. But there are numbers. Something about 175-185kg. Wheelbase 1555cm. Something about the price of 9999 - 11500. Euros I guess. And sure the guys are super happy overall.

Edited by VISORHEAD
1 person likes this