How long can a cheapskate last on this tire?

Stock rear Scorpion at about 10k is on it's last leg...with the other foot on a banana peel.

I have a new Shinko in the garage...but I'm poor, in debt and cheap....can I push it a few hundred more miles of freeway commuting? 

Be gentle...my 04 KTM 950 ADV has been a VERY expensive girlfriend.

Looking forward to better/chunkier rubber but if I can I want to stretch this as far as is remotely safe to do.

IMG_2110.jpg

Edited by ewxlt

You want it deleted?

I have an MT21 rear I'd give you but not sure how close you are to me

My bad! I meant delete the 2nd blank reply.

Thanks for the offer, man.

I'm in South Orange County. Hoping to get the big girls shoes on tonight. :)

Personally, I would done with that tire.  Pull the wheel off yourself and a small local bike shop could pop that new tire you have on for $15.

Good idea. I pulled the wheel but that tire was not coming off easy. I know I need to be able to do it though to be more trail ready

I know the feeling.  I attempted to pull 13 year old rear tire off a F650 i bought.  I got the tire off, but couldnt get the new tire on.  I was able to to the front.  

A tire machine is coming in my future.  

I tried using my F250 to break the bead...no go. Can get close enough to the wheel. Can't imagine doing it on the trail.

I'm in North Orange County(La Habra) and can help you mount a new one up tonight/teach you how if you want.

PM me if you would like the help

Thanks for reaching out! Between work and a 4 soon to be 5 year old's birthday tomorrow I'm stuck with 10 minutes here and there to work on it. Much much much appreciated for the offer. Wow! Very generous crowd here.

I got rear done for $35 with balancing at Gustin Motorsports on my lunch break.

Got the front bead broken quite easily using by hitch on my truck and a hi-lift jack...should have tried that on the rear! Even though I broke the bead though, trying to pry the tire up I was afraid of damaging my rim so I dropped it off at OC Motorsports here in Mission Viejo.

IMG_2123.JPG

Edited by ewxlt
  • Like 1