Taste Of Dakar 2017

Yes!  fully registered.  Working on the bike, Fresh Kenda Big Blocks and HD Tubes to be installed.  Also waiting on Rear shock from Race Tech!  Still lots of prep to do! Hope to get there by Thursday and camp out, check out the local area and do some scouting.  Possibly one other rider with me from Bay Area.  Also trying to coax a buddy from SoCal Riverside area to join in the fun.  Looking forward to sharing some stories around the camp fire. 

• Like 1

Last minute work needed on the bike, so my plan is to leave the IE early enuff Friday morn to be in Gold Point by 10am.  If all goes as planned, maybe to a short run down to the Hard Luck mine after I dump gear and get camp set up,  anyone is welcome to join me.  I haven't seen the castle in a few years.

Looks like @Rogers and I have a good small group of XL bikes shaping up for an advanced route run on Saturday.  Really looking forward to it as it takes us right though the heart of one of my favorite places in the White Mtns.

Edited by greedyg
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, greedyg said:

Last minute work needed on the bike, so my plan is to leave the IE early enuff Friday morn to be in Gold Point by 10am.  If all goes as planned, maybe to a short run down to the Hard Luck mine after I dump gear and get camp set up,  anyone is welcome to join me.  I haven't seen the castle in a few years.

Looks like @Rogers and I have a good small group of XL bikes shaping up for an advanced route run on Saturday.  Really looking forward to it as it takes us right though the heart of one of my favorite places in the White Mtns.

I was planning on riding all day Friday in order to scout the advanced route, but Dennis Godwin is setting up a obstacle course that I really want to practice on. Most of our group isn't coming until later afternoon Friday anyways so we'll just wait for you guys to do any scouting or trail riding. I can't miss check-in again this year either :)

• Like 3

• Administrators

Yet another great event! Dennis and I are on our way back now.

All my pics and video are on separate cameras so you'll have to wait for all that.

Main takeaways:

New venue of Gold Point truly rocked. Wine Ridge RV resort was nice but wasn't an experience. Gold Point was an experience.

Tracks dried out in just two weeks and were MUCH drier which means more deep sand. Great for a challenge but the scenic riders got more than they bargained for.

Weather was perfect.

Minimal injuries so that is good.

What do others think?