Baja New Years

• Administrators

The ADV gods have been conspiring against us it seems but about seven of us are departing in the morning for a six day Baja adventure!

It started with me losing my key three weeks ago for the 990.  I ordered another one but it's not here yet and we were unable to hotwire the bike.  Wolfie was kind enough to loan me his 690.  Hero move!

And then Tolga's (@ride_must) bike is not here yet so Dennis stepped in and is loaning him his XR650R.

Then Laura's (@chickamotorunner) bike was late getting here from Brazil so she's on her sister's bike.

So it's: me (690), Tolga (XR650R), Laura (F800GS), Dennis (BMW HP2), Mike (BMW F800GS), Kip (DRZ 400) and Erik (DRZ 400?).

My SPOT tracker link

We won't have the helicopter this time but it's still a cool pic, yeah?

DSC_0962.JPG

• Like 1

Looks and sounds amazing - I'm insanely jealous...as for your key, not surprised to hear you couldn't hot-wire it, that bike has an immobilizer system that is extremely challenging to bypass.

Post more pictures - I need winter and injury therapy!!!!

• Like 1

• Administrators

Day three was to Cataviña. We headed south and hung out with Coco at Coco's Corner. We brought him some groceries. Hard to believe he's almost 80!

We rode out to the "fountain of youth" which is this cool calcium ledge that has been built over thousands of years.
IMG_9627.JPG

Laura got to sit on the HP2 and may ride it later
IMG_9629.JPG

Coco showed us a route out to Punta Blanca but it went out over a dry lake bed that wasn't dry so we turned back.
IMG_9631.PNG