Motoz Tractionator GPS impressions at 6k

Well after taking Eric's fine advice last year I purchased some Motoz Tractionator GPS tires for my 800 Tiger to replace my second set of Heidenau K60s. I'd learned to tolerate certain aspects of the Scout as they were far better than the Karoo 3s I'd run before in terms of milage, but I still hadn't found that perfect tire (for me). I was getting about 2.5-3k out of the Karoos and about 4-5 thousand a set out of the Heidenaus and had gone through two sets of each at my 12000 last year.  So I was open to a change. 

I tend to ride long hours and distances when I do ride and I almost always load poor kitty down with at least a tail pack if not a 2 gallon Rotopax for extra fuel.   I only run panniers for training or multi-day runs as they are a bit bulky for just day rides of 500 miles or less and sand up your tires something awful when on pavement not to mention giving you heart failure trailside with clearance issues.

Enough of all that, suffice it to say I'm in love with these tires!

Fitted them as I say at Tiger's 12k and although they took 50 grams of weight to balance on the front(!!??) they didn't make any more noise than the Heidies.   Outside of being even slicker when new and wet than the Scouts they have been about on a par if not the superior in every environment I've thrown at them.  My particular usage is about 75/25 for the last 6000 miles on these and I can't speak as to how they operate in any desert or sand as it hasn't been dry or warm enough to access the deserts here but mud and rocks and gravel we have in plenty and these tire do just fine there.

Here's the pics....new and after about 6400 US miles of 75/25....

DSC_0127.JPG

IMG_0070.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Eric Hall said:

Craig can you also put your review in the review link above?  Thanks!

I've not had a chance to try the reversed tread pattern off-road yet Eric. Once I have and put a few more Km's on the tyre I'll write a review on the rear tyre.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Never got around to fully testing the GPS rear in the 'Mostly off road' direction in anything rougher than what I had previously ridden in the 50/50 direction.

I can however comment on the longevity of this tyre. As you can see from the photos below, when I swapped the tyre out for a Tractionator Adventure prior to a desert trip, there was still 6mm of tread after almost 12K km of riding. 

I never had a problem with this tyre and apart from the wobble at lower speeds it's great. Will be putting another on once I'm through with the Adventure. I'll also be trying out the GPS front later in the year.

IMG_2849.JPG

IMG_2851.JPG

IMG_2852.JPG

Edited by Craig S