Gediminas Ci

ADVTracks.eu: GPX sharing website and community

38 posts in this topic

Riding is ridiculous fun. But knowing where to ride isn’t always that easy: while there are lots of destination suggestions, ride reports and detailed travelers’ blogs out there, what if you just want to download a GPS file and go? The good news is, the final version of ADVTracks has arrived – and we’re here to help.

ADVTracks is the new platform of motorcyclist – friendly social media. Our website enables adventure riders to upload GPX tracks, photos, videos and ride reports and share them with everyone. Riders are welcome to browse tracks from all over the world and download them straight to their navigation devices – completely free of charge! 

How does it work? The registration (also available via Facebook/Twitter/Google) takes less than forty seconds. Once the user is registered, he or she then creates a profile and can start browsing and downloading GPS files of both on and off - road tracks from anywhere in the world. Members can follow and like each other’s tracks, photos, videos, and ride reports, and chat to each other on the instant messenger.

ADVTracks is:

• Community driven. As the number of our membership grows, so does the database of available GPX tracks!
  • Diverse. We store GPX tracks from all over the world including such adventure riding destinations as Bolivia, Bhutan, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Afghanistan, and so on. You name it – we’ve got it!
  • Easy to use. ADV Tracks has the look and feel of a new social media platform with instant access to other members’ profiles and GPX tracks, ‘like’ and ‘follow’ functions, instant messenger, and privacy settings: your ride report, photos and GPX tracks can be public, private, or shared private (only members with a special link can view it). The updated ‘search’ function now allows members to find specific GPX tracks using keywords, countries, cities, and so on in the search criteria.
  • Completely free of charge. There are no fees to register and download the GPX tracks!
  • Mobile – friendly. With our new, update mobile version, members can now comfortably browse using their mobile devices.

Because we aim to make GPX sharing as fun and as easy as possible, we’ve also included such member profile functions as the ability to include and promote their Facebook, Instagram, and other social media profiles. 

ADVTracks is all about the global adventure riding community. We aim to provide an easy, instant way to download GPX tracks of the most amazing riding destinations in the world and share the best rides with everyone.

Join, share, and ride!

Guinea-Bissau to Guinea to Ivory Coast

This is a quite rough route, only designed for off-road motorcycles, that crosses Guinea-Bissau to Guinea through the tropical forest. It's a really beautiful and adventurous route that took us 3 days from Gabu to Boke. Most of it is dirt roads but there are also trails. You need to cross several rivers.

1 person likes this

Swedish Link

This is a mammoth 1800 km chunk of our trip through Sweden from 2016. Starting from the "northernmost guestbook", a hidden adventurers treasure on the arctic tundra, it snakes down through Sweden towards Bollnas.

483afffec605982ef35e0c8348bd1d56.jpg

1 person likes this

Best ADV track contest

Post your ride report track on our website and WIN Motonaut prizes.

How to enter?

Share your track right now on advtracks.eu

Who will win?

The winners will be annouced on April 30, 2017 on our Facebook page. The track that gets most Like will be the first winner. The second winner will be elected by Motonaut and advtracks.eu united committee.

What will I win?

Winners will get Motonaut Extreme Basic system and Recovery Strap.

Some hints on how to win:

1. Write interesting, intriguing and useful track overview;
2. Don't forget to upload some pictures into photo galler;
3. Add few text markers on track with interesting places or spots;
4. Share it on social networks and invite friends to share Your track and click Like button at the bottom of the page.

JOIN NOW!

17309862_10208803520873138_2272581415778248524_n-2.jpg

1 person likes this

I checked out your site and really like it!  I used to use a similar site called dualsportmaps but they guy who built it said due to a Google Maps change that he'd have to re-do the whole site and didn't have the money for it.  Well it appears he did re-do the site but is now charging $10/month!  I think yours is a better solution not just because it's free but because you can upload photos, video and a story.  It's more engaging.

1 person likes this

Pretty cool, I registered. Shared a track for the Barker Ranch. Local favorite!

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, 556baller said:

Pretty cool, I registered. Shared a track for the Barker Ranch. Local favorite!

Hi,

thanks for sharing (y) It would be nice if you add some photos also ;)

1 person likes this

26 minutes ago, Eric Hall said:

can we go back and add photos later or do you have to do that the first time?

You can edit track/description, add photos or videos anytime

edit.jpg

1 person likes this

They are somewhat similar yet different.  You can upload tracks to REVER too but REVER's primarily an app you use on the bike to follow and/or record a track.  ADVTracks isn't an app.

You can upload a photo to a track on REVER but ADVTracks you can upload a bunch of photos, video and a story.

REVER you can share your tracks and get others' but it's only those you "friend" and I'm not sure if there's a premium for that.  ADVTracks you can get tracks from any user and the whole site is free.

I use both and like them both.

2 people like this

Very interesting! I had some friends moan about paying for REVER but that's just how it goes. Maybe advtrackseu would be better suited for them. 

4 minutes ago, michnus said:

How is this different or competition for REVER? 

As I told on Instagram:

- it's free. No monthly subscriptions or any paid services;

- you can have interactive ride report: not only red line on map. But also add photos, text or video markers on map. Also upload photos gallery.

- we use OpenStreetMap. They are open source, have big community who updating map every day.

- we always updating our project with new features. For example now we are working on "World Map" where you will find all tracks in one place or can select by country. Also embed code will be aviable soon. Push notifications and email notifications also in our TODO list.

- you can follow riders (like in Instagram) to see new tracks from them. And others can follow you.

- you can add you social networks so others can find more information about you and it's good for you to promote yourself as rider.

- tracks can be visible by everyone, only with special link or only by you (permissions).

You better try to upload track and see how it works. For example here is track with markers, photo and video gallery and nice descripton: https://www.advtracks.eu/tracks/view/81_crossing_the_jungles_of_d_r_congo_overland

Good luck, I hope you like our project ;)

1 person likes this

http://www.pikipiki.co.za/guatemala-tracks/Thanks Gediminas. 

Cool the page looks awesome! I see my friend Elias is using it. What I do like is the ability to write something about the track. I will have to play around with it and see how it tracks. The Rever app is really awesome and as easy to use though. 

Would I for example be able to post and share these tracks like I do here http://www.pikipiki.co.za/guatemala-tracks/  

1 person likes this

I'm riding in Utah now and should have some good tracks to post

1 person likes this