ADVTracks.eu: GPX sharing website and community

Riding is ridiculous fun. But knowing where to ride isn’t always that easy: while there are lots of destination suggestions, ride reports and detailed travelers’ blogs out there, what if you just want to download a GPS file and go? The good news is, the final version of ADVTracks has arrived – and we’re here to help.

ADVTracks is the new platform of motorcyclist – friendly social media. Our website enables adventure riders to upload GPX tracks, photos, videos and ride reports and share them with everyone. Riders are welcome to browse tracks from all over the world and download them straight to their navigation devices – completely free of charge! 

How does it work? The registration (also available via Facebook/Twitter/Google) takes less than forty seconds. Once the user is registered, he or she then creates a profile and can start browsing and downloading GPS files of both on and off - road tracks from anywhere in the world. Members can follow and like each other’s tracks, photos, videos, and ride reports, and chat to each other on the instant messenger.

ADVTracks is:

• Community driven. As the number of our membership grows, so does the database of available GPX tracks!
  • Diverse. We store GPX tracks from all over the world including such adventure riding destinations as Bolivia, Bhutan, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Afghanistan, and so on. You name it – we’ve got it!
  • Easy to use. ADV Tracks has the look and feel of a new social media platform with instant access to other members’ profiles and GPX tracks, ‘like’ and ‘follow’ functions, instant messenger, and privacy settings: your ride report, photos and GPX tracks can be public, private, or shared private (only members with a special link can view it). The updated ‘search’ function now allows members to find specific GPX tracks using keywords, countries, cities, and so on in the search criteria.
  • Completely free of charge. There are no fees to register and download the GPX tracks!
  • Mobile – friendly. With our new, update mobile version, members can now comfortably browse using their mobile devices.

Because we aim to make GPX sharing as fun and as easy as possible, we’ve also included such member profile functions as the ability to include and promote their Facebook, Instagram, and other social media profiles. 

ADVTracks is all about the global adventure riding community. We aim to provide an easy, instant way to download GPX tracks of the most amazing riding destinations in the world and share the best rides with everyone.

Join, share, and ride!

Guinea-Bissau to Guinea to Ivory Coast

This is a quite rough route, only designed for off-road motorcycles, that crosses Guinea-Bissau to Guinea through the tropical forest. It's a really beautiful and adventurous route that took us 3 days from Gabu to Boke. Most of it is dirt roads but there are also trails. You need to cross several rivers.

Swedish Link

This is a mammoth 1800 km chunk of our trip through Sweden from 2016. Starting from the "northernmost guestbook", a hidden adventurers treasure on the arctic tundra, it snakes down through Sweden towards Bollnas.

483afffec605982ef35e0c8348bd1d56.jpg

Best ADV track contest

Post your ride report track on our website and WIN Motonaut prizes.

How to enter?

Share your track right now on advtracks.eu

Who will win?

The winners will be annouced on April 30, 2017 on our Facebook page. The track that gets most Like will be the first winner. The second winner will be elected by Motonaut and advtracks.eu united committee.

What will I win?

Winners will get Motonaut Extreme Basic system and Recovery Strap.

Some hints on how to win:

1. Write interesting, intriguing and useful track overview;
2. Don't forget to upload some pictures into photo galler;
3. Add few text markers on track with interesting places or spots;
4. Share it on social networks and invite friends to share Your track and click Like button at the bottom of the page.

JOIN NOW!

17309862_10208803520873138_2272581415778248524_n-2.jpg

I checked out your site and really like it!  I used to use a similar site called dualsportmaps but they guy who built it said due to a Google Maps change that he'd have to re-do the whole site and didn't have the money for it.  Well it appears he did re-do the site but is now charging $10/month!  I think yours is a better solution not just because it's free but because you can upload photos, video and a story.  It's more engaging.

Pretty cool, I registered. Shared a track for the Barker Ranch. Local favorite!

8 hours ago, 556baller said:

Pretty cool, I registered. Shared a track for the Barker Ranch. Local favorite!

Hi,

thanks for sharing (y) It would be nice if you add some photos also ;)

can we go back and add photos later or do you have to do that the first time?

26 minutes ago, Eric Hall said:

can we go back and add photos later or do you have to do that the first time?

You can edit track/description, add photos or videos anytime

edit.jpg

How is this different or competition for REVER? 

They are somewhat similar yet different.  You can upload tracks to REVER too but REVER's primarily an app you use on the bike to follow and/or record a track.  ADVTracks isn't an app.

You can upload a photo to a track on REVER but ADVTracks you can upload a bunch of photos, video and a story.

REVER you can share your tracks and get others' but it's only those you "friend" and I'm not sure if there's a premium for that.  ADVTracks you can get tracks from any user and the whole site is free.

I use both and like them both.

Very interesting! I had some friends moan about paying for REVER but that's just how it goes. Maybe advtrackseu would be better suited for them. 

4 minutes ago, michnus said:

How is this different or competition for REVER? 

As I told on Instagram:

- it's free. No monthly subscriptions or any paid services;

- you can have interactive ride report: not only red line on map. But also add photos, text or video markers on map. Also upload photos gallery.

- we use OpenStreetMap. They are open source, have big community who updating map every day.

- we always updating our project with new features. For example now we are working on "World Map" where you will find all tracks in one place or can select by country. Also embed code will be aviable soon. Push notifications and email notifications also in our TODO list.

- you can follow riders (like in Instagram) to see new tracks from them. And others can follow you.

- you can add you social networks so others can find more information about you and it's good for you to promote yourself as rider.

- tracks can be visible by everyone, only with special link or only by you (permissions).

You better try to upload track and see how it works. For example here is track with markers, photo and video gallery and nice descripton: https://www.advtracks.eu/tracks/view/81_crossing_the_jungles_of_d_r_congo_overland

Good luck, I hope you like our project ;)

http://www.pikipiki.co.za/guatemala-tracks/Thanks Gediminas. 

Cool the page looks awesome! I see my friend Elias is using it. What I do like is the ability to write something about the track. I will have to play around with it and see how it tracks. The Rever app is really awesome and as easy to use though. 

Would I for example be able to post and share these tracks like I do here http://www.pikipiki.co.za/guatemala-tracks/  

Video review about advtracks.eu:

I'm riding in Utah now and should have some good tracks to post

I tried to upload some tracks today but I'm getting "internal server issue" notifications. Server load too high currently?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By zodillyicous
      Garmin 590LM $425 + shipping UPS/USPS.  
      Good condition but is used (mid 2014 purchase) and shows some signs of use. Battery has never given me any issues but it is original. Battery was low when I powered on from 3+ months ago. Took a full charge. Included extras:
      • Weather cap is $10 (2 included)
      • RAM ball mount is $7 (2 included)
      • 2 gb micro SD • Car mount cradle with suction cup/cigarette lighter power
      • (2) motorcycle cradles ($60) o 1 with SAE/trickle charger power only o 1 with coax/heated gear power only o 2 sets of wires cut off. http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/garmin-zumo-590-cradle-butchery-the-how-to.976812/ (still looking for 1 set)
      • Standard microUSB wire to connect.
      • Just checked updates and loading current City Navigator maps.
      • Currently installed maps from GPSfiledepot. I can remove and put installers on a thumb drive if you would like.
      • I will disconnect from my garmin account at sale.  

• By michnus
      All about what GPS to use to maps and what else. I wrote the article as information when wanting to buy a GPS. Hope it is of some value
      GPS & NAVIGATION NEED TO KNOW.
      How to choose the most suitable GPS navigation unit and associated products for your dual sport adventures.
      Selecting the best motorcycle gps can be somewhat of a challenge due to the limitations of placement, touch screen, size, with more abuse and waterproof and dustproof properties as opposed to conventional GPS units.
      Then there are the map sets which can cost some money and the map software to learn. This article is not about which brand or unit or which brand is the best but to assist with some guidance when choosing a unit and all the mind boggling amount of maps and mapsets to choose.

• By brian.havoc1
      First thing's first:  THIS APP REQUIRES NO DATA TO FUNCTION.  No matter how many people I talk to, someone always pops up to complain that it won't work when you're out of cell range.  I state now, once and for all, when you're on the road, this requires no data.  Some of the additional features may, and you must download the mapsheets ahead of time, but all you need for this to work in the field is the GPS chip--which every cell phone has.  

Best part?  Try it for free.  In the free version, you can download up to 10 mapsheets--which may be enough for you never to upgrade anyway, since each is a state or country.  If you do choose to upgrade to the full version, the cost is around $8--probably the best money you can spend on navigation.  Half the time, I can't buy paper maps for that much.  

This app has a million features, but here are the ones I really like:
      - it's more versatile than my Garmin 650t.  It'll load anything GPX without a hassle.  
      - It will save GPX (many configurations possible for intervals and other info), though I've actually had better luck with Google's My Tracks for pure simplicity.  Often, I record using My Tracks, then export to GPX and open in OSMAnd+.  
      - pinch and pan using the phone interface is awesome
      - Bluetooth allows turn-by-turn instructions on your helmet headset if you're on the road
      - A $2 contour plug-in gives you topo capability (download a small topo overlay for each regular mapsheet).  If you don't know how awesome this is, save your $2 for a half a cup of coffee at Starbucks.
      - It actually doesn't draw much power.  My phone will last all day with it on while recording GPX tracks.  The display is what sucks battery.  My phone (Droid Razr Maxx HD) will run OSMAnd+ longer than my Montana 650t will run on a single charge and the display turned all the way down.  
      - You can load it onto a full-sized tablet or a mid-range 7" "phablet" and have an enormous display.  Some of these new phablets are actually waterproof (Sony Xperia is one) and have batteries to go for a really long time.  Try that on your GPS.  
      - My favorite capability is setting an overlay map and selecting Microsoft Earth.  This gives you an overlay on top of the base vector map and a slider to choose the transparency.  This is hugely useful for seeing things like clear-cuts (logging is big up here in the PNW) or finding paths and trails that aren't on a map.  This feature alone is worth the $8.  It requires data of course, though you can preview the places you're looking at from the comfort of lunch or home wi-fi, and the imagery will remain cached.  I've used this for elk hunting, and it's very slick.
        Drawbacks:
      - there's so much here, it's intimidating at first
      - you have to save the mapsheets on your phone.  Some are pretty big and will take a while to download, as well as a lot of space.
      - I often have trouble getting it to navigate to a street address.  When using grid coordinates or picking a spot on the map, it has no difficulty at all.  
      - Check your settings for what the phone enables during low-battery mode.  Mine was set to disable the GPS chip.
      - Yes, your phone is probably not as hardy as your purpose-built GPS.  Yes, the screen is probably less well-adapted to direct sunlight, and charging can be a challenge due to vibration, even if the tablet or phone is waterproof.  Yes, the screen might not work with gloves (there is a glove treatment you can use for this though).  
    • By Eric Hall
      A few years ago, Touratech USA and Butler Maps did this route across the state of Washington that attempted to cross the entire state mostly on back country dirt roads.  Of course, Touratech was hoping it could sell a bunch of protective after market parts for old white guys like me who dreamed of doing an adventure like this.  Needless to say, it took off quite well and became a popular trip to take.

Since then they have embarked on creating new BDR's for most of the spacious Western states that still have lots of open space like Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, Arizona, New Mexico, etc...  You can check out their site and see for yourself.  I did Colorado last year and can post a report of that one later.

This time it was the state of Arizona, where I actually grew up.  I was born in CA but raised in AZ (like the movie title).  I lived there for 15 years but never really even saw the places I saw just a few weeks ago riding the route.  It is set up as a six day route but we did it in five.

I used to ride with Gerd who moved up to the Seattle area and told me some of his riding friends there were planning this trip, so I hooked up with them.  Six of them from the Seattle area rode their bikes to AZ, which at 1400 miles, is a very long way.  It's only about 385 miles for me.

Arizona is known for being VERY hot in the summer.  I recall one day growing up the temperature got to 122 (50C).  This is why we went in the spring.

I had been looking at last year's COBDR video I did and saw from the number of views my video got that this next one was likely to get quite a few eyeballs as well.  I thought why not use that for good, so we decided to do a fundraiser for a charity called "Lost for a Reason."  They assist children and families of the Navajo Nation.  They are also kind of the official charity of the BDR series and a lot of us riders know who they are and what they do.  They have some cool stickers they offer for sale you might be interested in.  JJ Lewis, who does a lot of work for LFAR, came with us as well.

We met at my sister's house in Scottsdale on a Saturday night (May 3).  It's funny with adventure riding in that you have never met someone before in your life but if you met to go adventure riding, then there's an immediate bond and it doesn't matter that you were strangers the day before.  We had quite a time that night getting to know each other, having some great bbq, swimming and downing a few bottles of wine and beer.

My mom even addressed Ronald's sunburn with some aloe vera

Ronald (Dutch) and Jesper (Dane) enjoying the pool

I changed my rear tire there at my sister's house (because I'm a man)

But the other guys had to go to the BMW dealer the next day to have theirs changed 

We set out for Tombstone that afternoon and got this send off picture from GoAZ BMW

Pretty maids all in a row

We got to Tombstone and stayed in a little motel (I wanted to camp).  It was Sunday night and most everything was closed.  We got to this bar and I hear some idiot say "we don't want BMW's around here..."  I was very hungry at that point and not in a great mood and thinking "what a stupid thing to say" and was anxious to meet the guy who said it.  As it turns out, the guy who said it was a bit too old and drunk to be taken seriously.  So I didn't get my dream of having a shootout at the OK Corral.  Besides, they didn't have any food there anyways, so we had to leave and find another place to eat.

• By Clink
      Has anyone used this app on their phone as their main GPS? I read some good reviews but I'd like some feedback and tips from people around here... I have a Garmin 60C but having it on the phone seems like it'd be easy to get trails and routes easier.