Gediminas Ci

ADVTracks.eu: GPX sharing website and community

The lost art of navigation

There is no doubt that modern technologies make life (and travel!) easier. Adventure riding has been transformed since the dawn of the Internet and satellite navigation: finding your way around the world is now practically effortless. Invest in the newest GPS unit, set your route, and go. But is navigation really that simple?

Read our blog article.

• Like 1

Traveler, adventurer, and filmmaker Daniel Rintz, author of an award-winning adventure film “Somewhere Else Tomorrow”, is back in the director’s chair. Having come home to Germany after their round the world motorcycle journey, Daniel and his girlfriend Josephine are busy making the sequel to Daniel’s first movie.

“I think the biggest mistake people make when creating videos is forgetting that viewers did not go on the same trip with them, and I know I’ve made this mistake, too. For example, for you, your ten-minute helmet cam footage might be awesome because maybe that day, you made it over a tricky mountain pass, and you were so thrilled to get to the other side. But for your viewers, those ten minutes will probably be pretty boring. Think about your audience, look at your footage from an outside perspective. Does it make sense, is it interesting? Again, the flat tire example: lots of people get flats, so if you decide to show yours, what’s special about it? Did it change your journey in a significant way? Did it change you as a motorcyclist, as a traveler?”.

Read the full interview with Daniel - http://bit.ly/DanielRintz. It's the second part of how to make the best video on the road (y)