Carlsbad Jacket from KLiM

• Administrators

Loren asked me the other day about getting a new jacket and I told him I liked my KLiM Overland jacket (and pants) but my only complaint was the sleeves didn't vent well.

So KLiM has come out with a new jacket (and pants) called the Carlsbad that DOES have vented sleeves plus is made from an even lighter and stronger material.  This is going to be more for the off-road adventure rider than the tourer (stick with the Latitude).  This may be my next jacket.

It starts at $549 and comes in a variety of colors.  I'll let Spurgeon from Revzilla tell you all about it:

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Klim is top when it comes to textile quality but it is so overpriced you can buy another bike with this money.

Aprt from that i can't see any serious reason to justify it's price. 

I am going to get the Siima Sibirksy which is half the price, guranteed waterproof with extra lay that goes on top, hydration pocket and a removable full 360 degree of the shell layer to transform it into a summer net.

No more wasting money on big brands even though i aknoledge their quality on the textile.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

I have really like the Carlsbad jacket since debut; and, added it to my wish list at RevZilla. Why I did not purchase one is because I am/was after a Gore-Tex shell than can be worn on cool mornings and then compactly stowed. My upper protection is a Leatt 5.5 and so the jacket needs to fit over that rig. Last year on the 690 I used an old Joe Rocket. While it was warm enough in cool mornings, I was soaked in a Colorado July rain shower. Also, in the running is the Klim Traverse which arrived recently once the gray color was available earlier this year. It's the bomb for me! Fits great over the Leatt and I can ball it up to my liking for storage. Heck, I could even wear this thing walking around town.

Oh and by the way, an REI branded Gore-Tex jacket is $280 without the abrasion resistant shoulders and elbows.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/klim-traverse-jacket