High Sierra 2017

• Administrators

_MG_7934 copy.jpg

18010693_10158601404880215_587520481767526793_n.jpg

Registration link is live!

Looking forward to this event again.  This is my sixth year hosting the event.  It's a special place with special people for a special cause.

Like last year, we'll have catered meals (two dinners), beverages, photography & vendor provided raffle prizes all to benefit Lost for a Reason.

I'm working on a few new details of the event and hope to have news of those things soon.

No refunds within two weeks of the event.  No exceptions.  You are an adult purchasing tickets to attend a campout with two meals.  You are free to explore the surrounding area on public roads on a self-guided basis.  XLADV, Brown's Owens River Campground and Lost for a Reason accept no liability for your safety and you hereby waive any pursuit of claims against aforementioned parties should you suffer any kind of injury.

Sponsors:

Pacific Powersports (Motoz Tires)

Cyclops Adventure Sports (lighting)

Konflict Motosports (suspension)

ADV Addicts

Wunderlich America

Riverside BMW

Sena

Wolfman Luggage

Klim

Into the Horizon Adventure Motorcycle Tours and Rentals

AltRider

Seat Concepts

MOTUL USA

BMW MOA

Local Motorcycle Shop you can contact and/or have stuff sent ahead to:

Mammoth Power Sports

160 Commerce Drive

Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546

760-924-3155

Signed up (as of 6/15/17):

• Rob Day
  • Loren McGrew
  • @Mark Daniels
  • John Bohmer
  • Dennis Haggerty
  • Robbie Musheno
  • Dax Sirucek
  • Mike Thomas
  • @greedyg
  • Brian Hefter

• Evan Brown
  • @renaissancerider
  • Ron West (CABDR dude)
  • Eric Whitney
  • John Turner
  • Pablo Ve
  • @patbianchi
  • Daniel Powers
  • Taylor Rawak
  • Taylor Rawak Guest

• @Jafix
  • Thomas Hicks
  • Brent Needham (ACP Husky)
  • Warren Windham
  • Keith Barnden
  • Phillip Lacey
  • Chris Lack
  • Sean Farnan
  • Ryan Gifford
  • George Chase

• Aaron Thompson
  • Jeffrey Colitti
  • Jason Raster
  • Arnoud Van der Neut
  • Kevin Carpenter
  • Conrad Brooks
  • Mark Huston
  • Rafe Hardy
  • Scott Brady
  • Nicholas Miehle

• Ed Healy
  • Beth Anderson
  • Bernie LaForest
  • Kip Busse
  • Martin Nicholson
  • Shane Franklin
  • Tiffany Franklin
  • Kevin Donoghue
  • David Morgan
  • Bill Briner

• Bill Briner guest
  • Scott Ledterman
  • Alan Clinkingbeard
  • Todd Snyder
  • Pat Swensen
  • Shane Bearly
  • Ben Maclean
  • Marc Schneider
  • Brad Tawzer
  • Michael Novak

• Sarah Alvarado
  • Cyndy Kelso
  • Justin Bowen
  • Jeremiah Morris
  • Robert Johnson
  • Curtis Lebeau
  • Arwi Odense
  • Maria Odense
  • Keith Sharratt
  • Keith Sharratt guest

• @Grabowski
  • Mark Bahu
  • Drew Smith
  • Mike Gray
  • Cam McConnell
  • Eddy Bringleson
  • Polish Adam
  • Cain Fisher
  • Taurino Tadeo
  • Jonathan Dawson

Waiting list:

• Sean Prusak
  • Carlos Fernandez
  • Doug Schramm
  • Richard Kesner
  • Like 5

• Administrators

I'll be looking for a photographer for this event.  We've used Alfonse Palaima and Stephen Gregory before and they did really good work.  I'd take either one of them again but also curious to give another photographer a shot at it.  I was hoping to get Tim Burke to do it but he has set off on his own moto adventure.

Obviously you must be a professional photographer able to capably ride a motorcycle off road.  We've had both photogs join us up Silver Canyon road before but I think the water crossings at the bottom are sufficient.  Going to the top will be optional.  There's great photos to be had up there with the bristlecone pines and moon-like landscape but it does take a while and a bit of skill to get to the top with Silver Canyon road being in much worse shape the past two years than is typical.

Ideally the project will start on Thursday evening, involve riding with the group(s) Friday and Saturday with photos taken on the trail and back at camp.  It's like two full days and two half days work.

The photog will attend for free.

It's a paid gig but we'd need to talk privately about how much that would be.  It is a fun event to attend, raises money for a good cause and gets quite a bit of exposure so I'm hoping we can make a deal that is less than what a magazine or motorcycle manufacturer might pay.

Many of these photos have been used by riders as both their profile and wallpaper photos on Facebook, so it leaves quite a lasting impression.  I had someone's wife reach out and tell me how happy she was to get such a great photo of her "handsome" husband doing what he loves.  That really made my day.

• Like 2

• Administrators

First sponsor to contact me is: 

Pacific Powersports, US distributor of Motoz tires, will be sponsoring High Sierra 2017 with a set of their tires and will have their Sprinter there with inventory in case you need to spoon on a fresh set! I'd say their best two tires for this event would be the Tractionator Adventure and their Desert H/T

IMG_0090.JPG

• Like 2

Hi All,

Anyone riding up from L.A. area?  Is this truly a big bike friendly event?  Sounds awesome and I am interested, just want to know what I am getting myself into :ride:  I would be on a GS if I decide to go.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, justin73 said:

Hi All,

Anyone riding up from L.A. area?  Is this truly a big bike friendly event?  Sounds awesome and I am interested, just want to know what I am getting myself into :ride:  I would be on a GS if I decide to go.

Its self guided, so you can get into as much or as little off road as you like.  

There is tons to see on pavement, but even more to see off the road.  Eric will post GPS routes that are easy to advanced.  

• Like 2