High Sierra 2017

15 hours ago, Eric Hall said:

geez!  I remember that hill!  No way you're getting up clean unless you hit it hard at the bottom going at least 25.  I was roosting the whole way up, gradually slowing as I went.

Yea, i thought i could steady climb that.  

That whole road kicked my ass, but im in a bit better shape.  So i might do it again.  

• Like 2

• Administrators

I had so much fun just exploring trails last year I might do it again, especially the Mammoth OHV area that we kind of ignored.  We crossed the highway just south of June Lake to do the east side of 395 and that's where it got REAL loose.  Those OHV trails on the west side going south into Mammoth are killer.  Luge like.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, WildTurkey said:

My attitude for my first High Sierra...

"Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?" Gimli Lord of the Rings

Just don't follow @bruinjon up the lower Dunderberg rd.  At least not if I'm sweeping!

The OHV area north of Mammoth and west of 395 is spectacular and very doable on a big bike.  @Cam McConnelland I spent hours over there just racing each other around up and down the hills and thru the trees.

https://a.rever.co/rides/203533

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, greedyg said:

Just don't follow @bruinjon up the lower Dunderberg rd.  At least not if I'm sweeping!

The OHV area north of Mammoth and west of 395 is spectacular and very doable on a big bike.  @Cam McConnelland I spent hours over there just racing each other around up and down the hills and thru the trees.

https://a.rever.co/rides/203533

Whoa buddy greedyg - I object!  I had nothing to do with the selection of that portion of the route, I just led you vaqueros through it.  I believe Rob Day was the culprit behind that section of the route.  And... I managed to get through it without being able to breathe... soooooo...

• Like 1

I'm trailering from Hollywood (Los Angeles) and have an extra spot.   Leaving mid-day Thursday and returning by Sunday night.    If you're interested, give me a call or text at two one three, eight six four, three six zero four.    

((LOOKS LIKE THE SPOT IS TAKEN.  I'LL UPDATE THIS POST IF ANYTHING CHANGES))

Mike

Edited by mthomasadv
  • Like 2

First sponsor to contact me is: 
Pacific Powersports, US distributor of Motoz tires, will be sponsoring High Sierra 2017 with a set of their tires and will have their Sprinter there with inventory in case you need to spoon on a fresh set! I'd say their best two tires for this event would be the Tractionator Adventure and their Desert H/T
IMG_0090.thumb.JPG.78de95d88d28aa59d26a675cc1b709ce.JPG

Wow! So they will have tires there?
  • Like 1