High Sierra 2017

• Administrators

Thank you, @trawak!  I am damn impressed with both your riding abilities.  Not many couples I've seen ride together let alone that well.  

Would you mind putting those pics and such in the ride report thread here?   I know... confusing that they both are named the same thing. Thanks!

• Like 2

On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 8:22 AM, Eric Hall said:

With regards to the other squatter, Adam posted on our FB angrily basically that I'm a dick, etc...  He seems to believe there was some kind of alternative entry fee that would allow people to pay just for camping and not for food.  Also that I had claimed this guy was either going to or already had our food/drink, which I never said.  I said whether he has food or not is irrelevant; when an uninvited guest says he's paid all he's going to and isn't going to move then we're talking another type of story.  Adam seemed to believe he also had the authority to bring his un-registered friends there to join us.  Had he simply asked if his friend could stay one night I probably would have been fine with it as long as we had enough room.

Hey Eric I didn't make the rally and really hope to make next years.  Sounds like it was a very enjoyable time had by all but two &%$#@!tards.  I would relate this to attending a Rawhyde event but saying I'm only paying 1/4 of the fee because I plan on tent camping and cooking my own food (yes that would be my route because it's too costly) and the would laugh while telling me to F-Off.

From the sounds of things I would say you handled the situations very well and got others to assist.  Regardless it's unfortunate to put such a frustration right at the start.  I'm sure with this excellent community next year will get much more support from the whole to "handle" the others.  Wrist bands area  great idea and ask everyone to self police others to ensure everyone who is there should be there and has paid the correct amount.

Sam

• Like 1

On 9/4/2017 at 8:22 AM, Eric Hall said:

With regards to the other squatter, Adam posted on our FB angrily basically that I'm a dick, etc...  He seems to believe there was some kind of alternative entry fee that would allow people to pay just for camping and not for food.  Also that I had claimed this guy was either going to or already had our food/drink, which I never said.  I said whether he has food or not is irrelevant; when an uninvited guest says he's paid all he's going to and isn't going to move then we're talking another type of story.  Adam seemed to believe he also had the authority to bring his un-registered friends there to join us.  Had he simply asked if his friend could stay one night I probably would have been fine with it as long as we had enough room.

You don't get admission to Disneyland just because you paid for parking and walked into Downtown Disney.  Just sayin.  

• Like 3

I think it was a mistake for me to push our number up to 80 attendees this year.  I think organic interest is best because we get a better mix of people.  Lesson learned!

Eric was This was double than 2015?

Every situation and individual is unique. You handled it well. Managing a group of 80 folks is 80 different personalities. Quality over Quantity is best. All rally's have the same challenges but We may not hear all the details all the time. You pick up and learn and make next year better and you have done this many times already. And yes you will probably have to remind folks again next year of the policies and procedures. With more volume you need more "staffing" to crowd control. You have all of our support here!
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, motochefarwi said:

Eric was This was double than 2015?

Every situation and individual is unique. You handled it well. Managing a group of 80 folks is 80 different personalities. Quality over Quantity is best. All rally's have the same challenges but We may not hear all the details all the time. You pick up and learn and make next year better and you have done this many times already. And yes you will probably have to remind folks again next year of the policies and procedures. With more volume you need more "staffing" to crowd control. You have all of our support here!

I have absolutely zero problems helping keep things orderly. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, bruinjon said:

I have absolutely zero problems helping keep things orderly. 

I'm with Jonathan but Arwi is right quality over quantity . I thinks there's been enuff talk of crashers. Let's focus on the positive. 

Eric did you say how much we raised for LFAR?

Edited by greedyg
  • Like 2

Eric my take on all this is raise the price to $200, limit the ride to 50-60 riders. Reduce the amount for raffle tickets to $5.00 with a minum of 6-10 and you will still come out ahead with less hazel, put it out for comment and see the response.  Having raced off road for several years I know what it cost to do such an event. My opinion those who are serious about what is being done will agree!

• Like 1