Well pushing 24,000 miles on my 2013 Tenere that I bought in December that year.

DSCN0222_zps5e754a31.jpg

To where she sits today

20160918_103406_zpsg3shiwlk.jpg

It's finally due for it's first major service interval.  Wife is gonna be pissed with the parts cost, but let's hope she's not home to get the boxes of parts.🙄

So far about $500 in parts, between recent damage(Taste of Dakar killed a fork seal and handguard) some updates(LED headlight upgrade after a bulb finally burned out) and parts for valve check(plugs, new tensioner, air filter, oil filter etc) and last tire change showed I was getting due for a swap of all the pads etc.  Man these bikes cost a pretty penny to keep operating at peak potential.

But soo many miles of smiles :ride::ride:

At least I know what my plans are for next weekend now

• Like 2

Finally got home last night to a bundle of parts.
20170331_081006.jpg

Got a bunch done after work today, mounted front street tire, replaced fork seal, installed threaded inserts to the bars(Thanks for the recommendations Steve) New bark buster and glued on new grips. Cleaned and replaced the front pads.

Slowly working from front to rear. Hopefully lots more will get done this weekend

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Finally got home last night to a bundle of parts.
20170331_081006.jpg.dac0adfb047935f13d7433f6757607b4.jpg

Got a bunch done after work today, mounted front street tire, replaced fork seal, installed threaded inserts to the bars(Thanks for the recommendations Steve) New bark buster and glued on new grips. Cleaned and replaced the front pads.

Slowly working from front to rear. Hopefully lots more will get done this weekend

That fork leak I had in Trona has finally stopped. But I did purchase a seal Seal saver to keep around just in case. I see universal handle bar insert. You installing some new hand guards?

I've never had too much luck with seal savers unfortunately. Always seems that it is a bit too late by the time I think to use them. Jeez, NavyNuke I'm getting excited looking at your parts pile, It's been far too long since I bought anything.  And that's a great service interval!  My Tiger's is every 12k to the tune of about 800-1200 bucks if you have it done. Not counting oil change and chain rub strips every 6k, tires every 2500-6000 miles depending and all manner of delicious OE parts to replace those lost due to usage.

I installed aftermarket taller bars a couple years ago and my homemade inserts are failing, using stock handguards still though.

Fork seals are done, LED headlights installed, all front end bearings greased up and waiting on a day to finish up the valve check.

I got a new work truck but spending lots of time building shelves etc so I can work out of it properly now.
20170402_195402.jpg20170407_103041.jpg20170409_125858.jpg

• Like 1