Rally Darien

Eric Hall

• Administrators

A friend of mine introduced me to the guy who runs Rally Darien (Gustavo) last year and so we went to the rally this year.  The thing is though, I didn't know we'd be racing.  I thought as "tourismo" class I'd just hang out at the bivouac and take photos/video but they actually let us race!  Had I known that I would have gotten a new stiffer spring in the rear and some nobbies.  i would have taken my panniers off too.

There's a road book app we used but it didn't work for me the first day so I just followed my friend Tomas.  But ... he made a wrong turn and we ended up doing like a kilometer of deep mud.  I said "dude, do you see any motorcycle tracks here?!"  lol

But that not only gassed me out but I got this bad spasm in my back and so day 1 was as far as I got.  

But the course was very doable.   There was a prologue then two more days of special stages.

I'm still waiting of official photos the profressionals took so I'll post those soon.

IMG_9958.jpg

IMG_9960.jpg

IMG_9959.jpg

• Like 1