Checking in from ADK's of NYS

Decided to jump into the XLADV community since I enjoy the company of like minded motorcyclists and hope to gain knowledge from others who have blazed/roosted a trail! Have ridden in some form or other most of my life but am now thoroughly dedicated to adventure bikes since they allow the ability to really get off the beaten path. My work keeps me tied down to riding the NY,VT,PA,NH areas as time allows. My current on the road bikes are a KTM ADV-R and a 2nd gen. KLR 650. Kicking the tires on a Husky 701 on/off if finances materialize. Nothing refreshes your soul like an adv bike ride for me! Ride on!

• Like 1

• Administrators

Welcome!  

I'd love to see some photos of that 990 R!  I also have my eye on that new 701 enduro.  Our friend Tolga Basol of Ride Must Go On just had one provided to him by Husqvarna to take around the world.  They are kitting it out right now with special rally tanks.

• Like 1

Hey Eric! Thanks for the welcome aboard! Had intentions on buying a 1200GS but stumbled across this 990R , new. Owned a number of BMW's but didn't know too much about KTM ADV's at the time other than seeing a few here and there and thinking they were gnarly machines. Now I'm bleeding orange so to speak.Puts a smile on my face every time I ride it !image.jpg

• Like 1

Very comprehensive build that you've done! Have recently obtained a set of Wings nos cans to put on but not sure if I'm going to do the Rotty system yet. Running a K&N filter with a Uni pre filter since my rides don't include a huge amount of dry , dusty roads here in the North East. Slowly doing upgrades as money allows. Going with the quietest inserts that came with them so as to not upset camp owners and the like.

• Like 1