Sidi Crossfire 3

• Administrators

What's your preferred boot then?  SIDI has always struck me as a decent boot.

I've had the:

• BMW Rallye 3 (Forma Dominator Comp) which the soles de-laminated on me three times
  • Gaerne SG12 that I loved (three years of use; still in good shape)
  • Alpinestars Tech 10 that I love (use now)

I didn't say they're not decent.

I do have a bit of a problem understanding the fanaticism surrounding them in the Adv community, that's all. Nothing wrong with Sidi, just I don't think they're the ultimate answer to anything that some people suggest.

I have the A* Toucans as a waterproof adventure boot (I got them after spending at least an hour in the shop switching between them and the equivalent Sidis. I strongly prefered the Toucans).

For off-road, I have the A* Tech 10 as well, like their concept a lot (inner bootie and all that, plus the minimalist exterior). If I'd want something with an external hinge like the Crossfires, I'd rather look at the Gaerne's SG12, they seem to have a better designed hinge and be more protective. But I'd certainly consider the Crossfires as well.

• Like 1

If I didn't go for the Tech7's this summer I think that these may have been the answer. My Street Sidi boots have lasted years and I still go back to them once in a while. Ya they are a spendy brand, but the quality is there.(IMO)

RPM

Edited by Allrpm