• Administrators

Sena is letting me try one of these Prism Tube action cameras (~$119).   I already have my Sena 10C (with camera) installed on my main helmet but since MSR recently gave me one of their MIPS MAV 3 helmets, I thought I'd just install it on that.  I'll take it down to the Baja Rally and see what kind of footage I get.

Some of the main features:

• 1080p 30fps
  • Up to 2 hours of recording
  • Internal mic eliminates ambient (wind) noise
  • Easy on/off button
  • Voice prompts tell you what the camera is doing

I will do a complete review later but at this point it seems like a rock-solid basic action cam but with the capability of capturing your voice for the ultimate moto v-logging experience!  It's essentially their video/audo solution sans communication.

I tried to do a firmware upgrade using Sena's device manager but it wouldn't connect.  A call to support revealed there is no firmware upgrade now so I'm fine.  I also had trouble creating a blank "timeset.txt" file on my Mac that you load on the sd card to set the clock/calendar but managed to figure that out eventually.  A next gen upgrade that would be nice to have would be 60fps given it's an "action" cam.

I took a few short vids to confirm the camera angle and date feature and they look great so far.  I won't bore you with those however.  :lol:

Image of the Sena Prism Tube:

Prism_Tube_on_cradle11.jpg

And the MIPS MAV 3 helmet from MSR:

image_359803mipsmav3blocksilblk_2_1.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...