MX, a sensitive topic

Let's hear the MX stories... I like (I'm sure) many of you have a motocross background. Well I've finally come to peace with letting the mx bike and track riding go and moving on. Recently a good friend also my age (48) had a bad get off and slammed into the face of a jump, we all now that a late model 450 mx bike in 4th gear on it is moving out right? He broke 4 ribs, collar bone, cracked pelvis and punctured both lungs. I'm giving up the 100ft jumps and going all in on this ADV stuff, it really has satisfied my off-road habit so far. I was lucky enough to put it down without major injury and gained all that knowledge to apply to my new passion. The CRF 450 R hasn't left the garage yet, but a buyer is hot on it and it will be a sad day for sure. Can I please have a moment of silence, I just hope it goes to a worthy owner!!

FullSizeRender2.jpg

• Like 2

Sometimes you have to step away for a while to break the cycle.  in a few years you could probably go back, but ride the basic track and enjoy the berms, tabletops and small doubles not the big boy side.

Just make sure you don't try to get the same adrenaline rush from adv riding as MX riding gave you.  When you go to far these 600lb beasts bite a fair bit harder, even if the ground doesn't.

• Like 1

Sometimes you have to step away for a while to break the cycle.  in a few years you could probably go back, but ride the basic track and enjoy the berms, tabletops and small doubles not the big boy side.

Just make sure you don't try to get the same adrenaline rush from adv riding as MX riding gave you.  When you go to far these 600lb beasts bite a fair bit harder, even if the ground doesn't.

I hear that, I love to jump and I'm good at it so that's very hard to give up. My plan is to replace it with more of a trail bike, I'm digging the 990 but it really doesn't do everything I want. Probably a 6Days 350/450 or maybe a 300 2T is in my very near future for the more technical riding. Edited by Rooster72

• Administrators

I hear that, I love to jump and I'm good at it so that's very hard to give up. My plan is to replace it with more of a trail bike, I'm digging the 990 but it really doesn't do everything I want. Probably a 6Days 350/450 or maybe a 300 2T is in my very near future for the more technical riding.

36b8ab0e0db4107f5c54edb37c5b67ff.jpg]

P7110356.jpg

• Like 2

• Administrators

Thank God, the guy interested low balled me and I sent him to the curb. The hell with it, everyone needs a dedicated dirt bike in the garage right?

Yeah, I've thought about picking up a used YZ250 smoker (or the like) just for those times when I need to rip the trails. Options be good!