If You Could Build Your Own Adv Jacket?

What are your 'must have' items? What annoys you about jackets you've owned?

Must haves

* ventilation

* waterproof pocket

* enough space for my neckbrace

* has to suit with and without harnass, if without harnass has to fit extra backprotector

* removable collar

* removable arms

* removable layers for heat/wind/water

Those are what mostly bothers me with the suits that I have. Combined they are the best. If I had only one of them, I'd be crying out loud.

Got the Rev'It Sand Ladies 2, Rev'It Ladies Ventura, KTM PowerWear PowerJacket ed. 2013.

One thing is for sure, I am never buying ladies stuff ever again, I'll go with men small...

I think removable collar

Nice big vents

Waterproof pocket on the chest for phone/music/wallet

Quick access pockets on the forearms

Reflective material

Tight fit for stated size.....I mean you may want to layer up, add armor, an adv jacket should have some extra room for that.

Cheap zippers that take two hands to open because they hang-up.

My Klim ADV Pro fits the bill, all the above with a built in hydration system, vital for me.  Also has a kidney belt built in and a great harness system to help distribute the load.  As waterproof as they get, great protection in all the right areas, compatible with my Leatt brace, and a second collar for the times I don't use the brace.  For warmer weather I remove the collar for added ventilation.  My go to jacket for the true ADV Ride that is "Out There"!

Waterproof on it's own; I find it very annoying to stop and install a water proof liner like the BMW Ralle systems requires.

I agree with Camel ADV, it has to have a waterproof shell, and being an athletic build (thin) I can't wear a lot of suits with an American build, way to lose in the gut area and never enough adjustment to take up, waterproof pockets inside for phone, I pod etc.. and something besides blk, unless it has some orange mixed in of course.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Mero
      Just wondering what socks you guys use? Was thinking about getting some klim socks but figured i would see what else is out there
    • By Eric Hall
      I know it's such a small niche what we do (ride big adventure bikes) but my XLADV wardrobe aside from a few t-shirts I picked up at a trade show is not that imaginative.
      I saw this t-shirt Tolga Basol was wearing and asked him where he got it.  He said "ADV Addicts."
      This is the one he had that I though was cool

Of course, who would want one of these?

They have more shirts as well as hats and surely more to come...
    • By Eric Hall
      I have frozen for the last time and need to get some good heated gear.  I rode with a heated vest once and it was heaven.  I've heard of Gerbings but don't know much about them or other brands.
      Zach uses Tour Master Synergy 2.0 vest and likes it.  Any other recommendations?
      I ride in SoCal where it's only cold in the winter and by cold I mean between about freezing and 50.
    • By Bryan Bosch
      Recently I noticed a product called Epic ID USB Bracelet. In a nutshell, it's an emergency themed design that allows emergency medical professionals access to who you are, your contacts, and vital health info in the event of an accident where you can't communicate such or just want fast,easy transfer of this info.

It's priced around $35 bucks and attractively packaged. But, being the DIY'r that I am, I wondered if one could make something perfectly functional out of one of these?

I know that emergency responders are used to looking for medical bracelets and necklaces, so could you stick a simple USB device like this one on a silver ball chain, brush on a simple red cross and upload simple .txt files of pertinent info? I have all of these materials laying around the house. I wonder how a summer of body heat & perspiration will affect a non-waterproof thumb drive? Maybe I just need to try it and report back?
      Looks like Verbatim makes what I'm talking about for only $12.00.

I'd assume that .txt files would be about the most readable format for emergency personnel? Anyone know? I think I'm going to give it a shot, just for chits/grins.
      Anyone use these products? What vital information do you think should be included?
    • By Bryan Bosch
      Anyone run one of these or would you? I know they are not new per se, but I can't say that I see many in use. So, I thought it might make an interesting topic.