10th Annual High Sierra 2021

On 8/22/2021 at 8:46 PM, Eric Hall said:

I will post them next week but you can look at last year’s thread to find them. All the green ones are “scenic” or the least challenging. Lots of great pavement too. We will assemble each morning a d a show of hands will show you who wants to ride each type.

I dont mean to be obtuse, but I cannot find the files.. I looked in 2020, 2019 and 2018. I do see a bunch of files in Rever, but they are all from 2016 and none of them are green or other color.

I dont mean to be obtuse, but I cannot find the files.. I looked in 2020, 2019 and 2018. I do see a bunch of files in Rever, but they are all from 2016 and none of them are green or other color.

High Sierra 2016
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic?share_fid=1049656&share_tid=514&url=https%3A%2F%2Fxladv%2Ecom%2Findex%2Ephp%3F%2Ftopic%2F514-High-Sierra-2016&share_type=t&link_source=app

Try here

6 hours ago, StephanSF said:

Thanks, thats a 2016 thread (Eric mentioned "last year") and the link appears to be dead.. I cannot get it to open to a file on desktop or on tapatalk.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1pe4SSZOWlFIKUTnzIG3fhO1qCl9oOTTM&usp=sharing

one more go, try this.  if it doesn't work i'm happy to email you the link.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, motochefarwi said:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1pe4SSZOWlFIKUTnzIG3fhO1qCl9oOTTM&usp=sharing

one more go, try this.  if it doesn't work i'm happy to email you the link.

Thank you, I can see the routes on google maps and am muddling my way through getting them into my Zumo. Ive got them in Gaia so far. Eric had mentioned that they were color coded, but Im not seeing that. I guess I have to ask once Im there which ones are easier

10 minutes ago, StephanSF said:

Thank you, I can see the routes on google maps and am muddling my way through getting them into my Zumo. Ive got them in Gaia so far. Eric had mentioned that they were color coded, but Im not seeing that. I guess I have to ask once Im there which ones are easier

Great, yes I believe Eric does have one that had been color coded with the ABC routes.  some of us have been fortunate to ride many of the tracks already (over several years) and are beginning to explore other areas as this is a good foundation from camp.  you will find out that there is just never enough time to ride all the routes and it will keep you coming back for more.  The High Sierras is really a great place for us to unwind and use our bikes for what they were meant for.  

I downloaded this from my Garmin Base Camp.  In Base Camp it is color coded.  But when I transferred it to Google it may have been "lost" in the translation.  Try to view it in Garmin and open and "view detailed data list".  They are labeled A,B,C in there. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, motochefarwi said:

Great, yes I believe Eric does have one that had been color coded with the ABC routes.  some of us have been fortunate to ride many of the tracks already (over several years) and are beginning to explore other areas as this is a good foundation from camp.  you will find out that there is just never enough time to ride all the routes and it will keep you coming back for more.  The High Sierras is really a great place for us to unwind and use our bikes for what they were meant for.  

I downloaded this from my Garmin Base Camp.  In Base Camp it is color coded.  But when I transferred it to Google it may have been "lost" in the translation.  Try to view it in Garmin and open and "view detailed data list".  They are labeled A,B,C in there. 

Thank you for your assistance, I appreciate it. Im muddling my way through learning my Zumo XT and how to get stuff into it and where it goes..

• Like 2

• Administrators

I will post tracks Mon or Tues. Send me any additions you have.

Got some fresh meats for the 990. Mamés me feel kind of “arrived” in a way since i always admired these riders on big bikes (KTM LC8) sporting Dunlop D908RR tires and here I am finally with a set. Just $159 for a rear is a steal.

Lots of cool raffle prizes! Excited?

IMG_3024.jpgIMG_2976.jpg
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, RogersW said:

Last year I really enjoyed the trails on the south side of Crowley lake and Tom's place. This year I'll probably explore more of that area. Maybe create a route. Anyone is welcome to join that. Beware it's called Sand Canyon 🙂

image.png.38523d71a4925c57c55d8ffe62365a0c.png

I am putting together some tracks in that area and north. I got them from Jerry Counts. Some of them are single track so there will be some trial and error. I will post here this weekend.

• Like 1