10th Annual High Sierra 2021

• Administrators
I'm totally new to gps.. I bought a zumo xt specifically for this event.. Hoping someone there will be able to assist a little. Also when are the tracks available? I'm. Looking for the least difficult ones.

I will post them next week but you can look at last year’s thread to find them. All the green ones are “scenic” or the least challenging. Lots of great pavement too. We will assemble each morning a d a show of hands will show you who wants to ride each type.
  • Like 2

Folks, any recommendations of other nearby campgrounds considering Brown's Owens River Campground is not taking any more reservations for Labor Day? :( I ended staying behind on this matter and just learned they are fully booked. I will be tent camping with my wife and 2 more rider friends (maybe two more will join). This is my first time attending to the event, super excited. 

23 minutes ago, Felipe Cardoso said:

Folks, any recommendations of other nearby campgrounds considering Brown's Owens River Campground is not taking any more reservations for Labor Day? :( I ended staying behind on this matter and just learned they are fully booked. I will be tent camping with my wife and 2 more rider friends (maybe two more will join). This is my first time attending to the event, super excited. 

BTW, for those who have already purchased the ticket, is there a camp spot "pre-reserved" within Brown's Owens Campground? I guess I am trying to know if the campsite is included in the event ticket.

Edited by Felipe Cardoso
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Felipe Cardoso said:

BTW, for those who have already purchased the ticket, is there a camp spot "pre-reserved" within Brown's Owens Campground? I guess I am trying to know if the campsite is included in the event ticket.

Yes, if you've used the official registration link to purchase an event ticket, a spot to pitch your tent is included.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Felipe Cardoso said:

Please make sure that every individual that will be attending has paid for a ticket, regardless if they are riding or not.  No squaters allowed please. 😉

• Like 2

Just now, greedyg said:

Please make sure that every individual that will be attending has paid for a ticket, regardless if they are riding or not.  No squaters allowed please. 😉

Copy that. Yes, we all are paying for the tickets. However, thanks for clarifying the part you say riding or not: I will get another ticket for my wife, she will not ride. 

• Like 3

I had a blast last year! My first ADV Rally.

Even though at last years event my Tenere T7 still hadn't been delivered to my dealership yet. I got by on my ADV'ised Kawasaki VerSys 650. It wasn't ideal, but I was able to do the trails on it. lol

0u3YM0T.jpg

jQWGihZ.jpg

I made a lot of good ADV friends and have been riding with them on a regular basis since then.

xzodaIF.jpg

I was super bummed that I was not originally able to go this year.

A canceled convention got rescheduled for the same days as this XLADV Rally. So, as the senior most experienced Manager I had to attend this for a work business trip in Texas.

Good news today they Canceled the Convention in Texas! Worried about the COVID.

So excited now that I may be able to attend this year. I just bought my XLADV ticket. I was worried it would have been to sold out by now.

I Just have to get it cleared for vacation time. They don't like these last minute vacation requests, but I was going to work on Labor Day for them. So they owe me! lol

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Jake Morton said:

Planning to join for the first time this year! Excited! With our registration, I see that a place to pitch a tent is provided... is there space to bring a small tent trailer or a 20' RV? Curious as to how the setup is. Thanks!

Last year 2020 XLADV. We had this whole coldesac for the XLADV group.

tMKGI9Jl.jpg

Akb5E8ol.jpg

WBJr81rl.jpg

• Like 3