• 1 month later...

I jumped on board for a set of these but they are back-ordered in Canada at this time. I wont be riding for a while yet so hopefully they come in soon! They look awesome and we all know its only all about the looks!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Chad Harlan left this comment in the reviews section:

Do you still revert to the E-09 or have you switched to the Tractionator ADV? I am an E-09 fan. I am considering the front but not completely convinced. The review thread on advrider seems to be more biased to road/slightly less aggressive riding. Although I am not a badass desert racer. I like the T-63 front and E-09 rear. I am leaning towards this tire. I do a lot of miles to get to the fun, but I am not concerned with road noise. They are knobbies, they will have noise regardless. Wind noise is a bigger issue for me. I like to have the bite when I get to what i want to ride.

I still like the E09 a lot and it's a great choice for someone who prefers riding in the dirt over longer distance touring or commuting.  Hard not to be a fan of that tire.  I think you'll get equal if not slightly better off road traction with the Adventure because they simply give you more rubber:  15 mm to be exact.  I used to get about 4200 miles off an E09 rear (GSA) and got 5400 from the Adventure.  As good as the E09 is, it's hard for me to pass on another Adventure.
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Update on where to find these Motoz Tractionator Adventure tires:

You can start with the distributor's website and see their network of dealers but not all of them are going to carry this particular tire.

When I Google it here's what I get:

Rocky Mountain ATV

ADV Designs

Chaparral Motorsports

Jake Wilson

Dual Sport Armory

Slavens Racing

Globetrottin

Brap Power Sports

Amazon

Discount Moto Tires

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I want to geek out here for a moment and talk about a few cool things.

One is this Motoz Tractionator Adventure tire discussion has been probably our single biggest topic (so far).

Another is our review system.  It's nice to see others' accounts of their experience with this tire and then be able to compare that to other tires.  Other forums require you to search for riders' reviews and that's very time consuming.  Or you can put your trust in a magazine's review which we know from experience can be a bit overstated at the very least.

But the really cool thing is how our review system gets indexed by Google just like other reviews at sites like Amazon or TripAdvisor.  When you search for "Motoz Tractionator Adventure" this is what you'll see on the first page of the search results:

Screen Shot 2016-06-23 at 9.53.42 AM.png

This truly sets XLADV apart from the crowd.  We have a superior user experience and are rooted in today's technology.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Finally mounted up my front Trac. Adv. Trying to get used to its feel on all surfaces. You have to respect this tire and the depth of the lugs and what they offer off road. Running it 25 psi and it seems plenty firm enough on pavement as the carcass is pretty stout. Only have 140+ miles on it so far so I expect it to settle in.image.jpg

On dirt, getting up on the pegs and getting weight over the front tire you can feel the bite of this tire. It really allows you to power slide the rear with the feel that the front isn't going to break traction. This was not the case with the Pirelli Scorps in the dirt.

Edited by PeteMoto
  • Like 3

Finally mounted up my front Trac. Adv. Trying to get used to its feel on all surfaces. You have to respect this tire and the depth of the lugs and what they offer off road. Running it 25 psi and it seems plenty firm enough on pavement as the carcass is pretty stout. Only have 140+ miles on it so far so I expect it to settle in.attachicon.gifimage.jpg

On dirt, getting up on the pegs and getting weight over the front tire you can feel the bite of this tire. It really allows you to power slide the rear with the feel that the front isn't going to break traction. This was not the case with the Pirelli Scorps in the dirt.

thanks for the report. Getting ready to mount front and rear on my 800gsa for a trip to the NMBDR. Are you tubeless or tube? Trying to get a feel for on/off-road pressures
  • Like 1

@Barakaiki- Only have a Tractionator Adventure on the front with a Metzeler tube since I have a spoked rim. Really stiff carcass compared to most front Adv.tires. Got it aired at 25/26 psi at the moment and it seems plenty firm. Might even go less to 23psi. Have a little over 300 miles on it so far , half on half offroad. Great feel off road but on pavement you'll notice the tread depth as they'll want to dive when cornering. This has decreased some as its scuffed in. Shows no wear after 300+ miles. I think I like it so far. Mitas e-07 Dakar out on the back. I didn't change the pressure at all for either surface.

• Like 1

Ok, really excited to have these on, went for a gentle scrub in ride on my F800GSA and noticing chunking at less than 50 miles in... take a look. Dealer installed for street at 32/36 psi. Wondering if anyone else got this and did it get worse or is it to be expected with natural rubber compound

Edited by Barakaiki