10th Annual High Sierra 2021

For whatever reason I have not received any XLADV notifications.

If you are still interested in a caterer check with http://mariosdeli.com/ . He is a rider and has done other events before I have attended.

I am not to sure about loaning my truck out for a photographer. If I do bring it up I can bring my daughter's lowered 350EXC. The photographer might be able to manage that bike.

• Like 1

Incident Overview

http://inciweb.nwcg.gov/photos/CAINF/2021-07-12-1520-Dexter/highlight/2021_07_20-09.48.17.683-CDT.jpegImage options: [ Full Size ]

The lightning-caused Dexter Fire was reported at 9:35 a.m. on July 12, 2021. It is located near Bald Mountain spring, located north of Owens River Road and east of Highway 395.  

Bald Mountain Springs Campground remains closed. Roads in the immediate vicinity are also closed to the public. Click on the closures tab for detailed closure information and a map.

• Like 2

• Administrators

yeah that's really NorCal like Tahoe area.  CalFire map not currently showing any fires near camp but Bald Mtn is obviously very close.  It's a huge area and lots of areas to ride.  I rode through a forest fire on the IDBDR and the rangers completely ignored us.  And of course we turned around when the smoke/fire got too threatening.  Plus, in two weeks who knows?  We've had smoke many years with last year having the most smoke.

Screen Shot 2021-08-22 at 1.46.26 PM.png

• Like 2

• Administrators

41 peeps so far!  I spoke with @SeaWolfe yesterday and he may come too and give my bike a lift.

There were a few food options people threw out there but it's a bit hard to coordinate.  I thought of a Google Docs link where people could opt in for meals of like catered sandwiches or pizza but I'd rather not complicate it.  We're adventure riders and like using GPS, this is good practice for real adventure travel.  Good food is really nice but I don't want to turn us into Starbucks riders lol.

I will say that if you're teaming up with one of the riders who likes to cook, arrange that now so they now how to plan and give them money to offset their costs and time.

• Like 2

Since I won't know anyone upon arrival anyway I figured it would be easiest to plan my own meals and group with folks for a random meal out here and there. Besides, making bacon and eggs in the AM is half the fun of waking up. Stoked to get away, regardless of how rough it all is. It's all part of the adventure.

• Like 4

• Administrators

i went to Google and searched for Benton Crossing then restaurants and there's quite a few.  Tom's Place (16 miles), Convict Lake (10 miles), Mammoth lakes (15 miles).  I've ridden to the Whoa Nellie Deli in Lee Vining many times as well as had lunch there as well as June Lake too.  If you go south then Bishop has a TON of great options and has of course the world famous Schat's Bakery and the Holy Roller BBQ across the street and many other options.

You can easily make your coffee and have a boil-in-bag meal using a mini-stove of some kind.

Bars for the trail are a good idea too.

And of course don't forget the water!

We'll have a keg of some great beer from June Lake Brewing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eric Hall said:

i went to Google and searched for Benton Crossing then restaurants and there's quite a few.  Tom's Place (16 miles), Convict Lake (10 miles), Mammoth lakes (15 miles).  I've ridden to the Whoa Nellie Deli in Lee Vining many times as well as had lunch there as well as June Lake too.  If you go south then Bishop has a TON of great options and has of course the world famous Schat's Bakery and the Holy Roller BBQ across the street and many other options.

You can easily make your coffee and have a boil-in-bag meal using a mini-stove of some kind.

Bars for the trail are a good idea too.

And of course don't forget the water!

We'll have a keg of some great beer from June Lake Brewing.

The store has some food and beer too.  

• Like 2