10th Annual High Sierra 2021

• Administrators

I see patches that aren’t green

There was a fire a week or so ago on Bald mtn but nothing is showing up on the CalFire map.

We’re camping on private property in that hole on the map. Plenty of good riding to be had.

I will obey any rangers but I’m gonna ride.

And keep in mind it’s NATIONAL forest only

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Eric Hall said:

I see patches that aren’t green emoji23.png

There was a fire a week or so ago on Bald mtn but nothing is showing up on the CalFire map.

We’re camping on private property in that hole on the map. Plenty of good riding to be had.

Anything that is not a shade of green is BLM or private or DV

BLM.png

• Like 1

11 hours ago, OnlyOneKenobi said:

It's a GPX file, which is just a collection of Lat/Long GPS coordinates.

There isn't a way to view GPX without a GPS or GPS Software...they're made specifically for GPSs.

Otherwise it looks something like this...which isn't very useful since it's got lots of overlays that need to be toggled or selected based on what you want to view.

2021-08-30_10-46-19.png

What app are you viewing this in.. I loaded the files in Gaia and it all looks washed out, this is very nice and clear

5 hours ago, Eric Hall said:

I see patches that aren’t green emoji23.png

So of the easy and intermediate tracks you posted just above (B and C) are there any that do not go through the now closed areas ? I have no desire to get a $5k fine, and I wouldn't be surprised if the rangers are going to be pretty hard core about it, this is a pretty drastic closure and I cant see them being lenient, I may be wrong.

• Like 1

We are close to Nevada. It still a somewhat free state…

I guess I’ll bring more gas and snacks. Maybe like last time. Lots of 180’s and rerouting. giphy.gif
We are close to Nevada. It still a somewhat free state…

I guess I’ll bring more gas and snacks. Maybe like last time. Lots of 180’s and rerouting. giphy.gif