Sign in to follow this  

Baja Dec 26-31 or Jan 2

Working on a Baja trip now.  An EPIC one :)

Whales

Petroglyphs

Stuff you've never seen before

Great food

The usual suspects appear to be in:

Me

Erik VZ

Eric L

Rich D

Mike T

Mark S

Kim K

You need to know how to ride to go on this trip.  Ideally, you have ridden Baja before.

You need a passport and Mexican insurance for your bike.  You need a bike in good working order with fresh knobbies, tools, tubes, etc...

• Like 2

I went there in May with my family. Great place. However a little run down especially for the price they charge.

It says there "No motorcycles" for some reason so better check.  

This is a view from South overlooking most of the Oasis. On the horizon Laguna Salada dry lake.

IMG_1592.JPG

Edited by Tomek S
  • Like 2

Btw, similar to last year i won't be able to join for a full trip. If your route ends up somewhere within 100-150 miles of the border on 30th I'll think I might be able to join.

Last year Erik VZ and I rode from Bahia to Ensenada,  330miles. Beautiful road but quite tiring, especially at the end where there are quite a few of smaller communities along the route. 

Nevertheless I had a great time even on a shorter schedule.

• Like 1

Btw, similar to last year i won't be able to join for a full trip. If your route ends up somewhere within 100-150 miles of the border on 30th I'll think I might be able to join.

Last year Erik VZ and I rode from Bahia to Ensenada,  330miles. Beautiful road but quite tiring, especially at the end where there are quite a few of smaller communities along the route. 

Nevertheless I had a great time even on a shorter schedule.

I think I prefer driving up or down the 5 on the east coast over the 1 for the reasons you state above.  Too much stop and go once you get to within a few hours of Ensenada.

Support vehicle?  You know you've hit the big time when you have a support vehicle!  What's the cost for that?

What's the plan looking like now?

• Like 1

The guy I was talking to is very nice and does great work but it's at a price I don't think any of us will pay.  I'm used to a budget of $70/day and would pay an extra $30 per day maybe, or $100/day but he wants like $250/day per rider!  I said I could probably find guys who would pay that but the people I usually ride with down there would not be willing to pay that.

The guy I was talking to is very nice and does great work but it's at a price I don't think any of us will pay.  I'm used to a budget of $70/day and would pay an extra $30 per day maybe, or $100/day but he wants like $250/day per rider!  I said I could probably find guys who would pay that but the people I usually ride with down there would not be willing to pay that.

Wow.  $250 a day seems steep.

I don't think I feel the need for a support vehicle.

• Like 1

Are they doing anything there at all?

From what I've read, they're working hard on the last 20 or so miles to connect the 5 with the 1.  However, the new road won't go right next to Coco's.

Please don't cancel this one :)....i'm going to pass on the LAB2V to save my "hall pass" for this one....gotta keep the family happy.   Pun not intended.

• Like 1

This may not happen.  I'm short on cash and want to spend more time with the kids.  I also was having difficulty  planning something different from what we've usually ridden down there.  I've done it 14 times on the bike and wanted something new.

Rich is a maybe (boat stuff)

Erik doesn't think he can swing it but sounds like he might be down there at his place near Mulege.

Eric L has to be back early.

Mike T still wants to go.

Eric L and I are talking about maybe doing something near his place in Cibola, AZ.  Jason R too?  Maybe Mike will come along?

• Like 1