High Sierra 2018

• Administrators

XLADV FB Flyer_02.png.jpg

7th Annual!  FB event page here and registration link here.

Description:

(Limit 80 riders) In the heat of summer, experience the cooler temps (6800' elevation) and epic big bike riding in the High Sierra. Gourmet catered meals (2 dinners, 2 breakfasts), professional photography, firewood, adult beverages, hot showers, bathrooms, nearby hot springs, general store. Vendor-sponsored raffle prizes! All to benefit Motorrad Angels(motorradangels.org), a charity that provides clean water filtration kits around the world.

Trails for all abilities from scenic pavement to easy, intermediate and expert dirt.

Highlight is riding to the 12,400' summit to see the White Mountain Research Station whose gate is open this one day per year.

Beat the traffic and be home Monday for Labor Day with your family.

New this year: T-shirts, Silipint cups & two breakfasts!

You are an adult paying for a good time at a campout and are free to explore the area on self-guided gps tracks on public roads and public trails at your own risk. XLADV, Motorrad Angels and Brown's Owens River Campground accept no liability for your safety. By signing up and paying for this event you are in acknowledgement of these terms and waive any right hold hold aforementioned parties liable.

Only registered riders can attend. No exceptions. Do NOT invite your friends to come free. Do NOT "rogue" the ride by camping nearby and shadowing us; it's in poor taste given this is a charity event and a lot of work goes into it.

Refund Policy: This year it's one month out, or by end of day, July 31st, 2018. Absolutely no refunds after that date. It's extremely hard to organize an event this size with countless last minute cancellations and then a scramble to add in last minute additions to fill the gaps. This is a volunteer deal and it benefits Motorrad Angels so consider that if you have to cancel within two weeks of the event.

$199 this year but I'm adding in tshirts, silipint cups and two breakfasts!

Sponsors (so far):

BMW MOA 

Attendees:

@Vlad

John MacDonald

@renaissancerider

Beth Dolos

Vuthy Lat

Olivier Cornet

Tom McQueen

Cosmin G

Shane Bearly

Moisey B

Ross Wood

John Howard

Moshe

Alex Scmauss

@WarpedRotor

Kevin Carpenter

Mark Daniels

@Sandro Andre Marino

@greedyg

@Rogers

Steve Andujar

Kurt Wyrick

Bill Osmer

@mthomasadv

@motochefarwi

Mrs. MotoChefArwi

Joseph Bradley

David Morgan

@Clink

@Jason R

Ross Wenger

Tim Stewart

Todd Tenhet

Todd Tenhet guest

Jeff Parker

Dennis Hagerty

Peter Wallace

ConnieSue Dickinson

Delaney Prince

Daniel Prince

LTS

Rodney Hennis

William Briner

Dean Voyer

Daniel Bartolucci

Rick Giroux

Norm Mackay

Richard Lee

Bill Osmer

Pat Thaiwongse

Michael Snyder

Antonio Wong

Pratima Bhuttarowas

Edward Bell

Edward Bell guest

Steven Healy

Randy Commans

@Doug Printz

Paul Dawson

Mathew Carman

Dries Van Loon

Gareth Evans

Cam McConnell

Nicholas Jones

Steven Green

Ron Anderson

Kevin Fellon

Steven Cocking

Chris Hangos

Chris Owens

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
2 hours ago, Onelugnut said:

Any problems doing this 2up? My boss says I cant go with out her :) We will pay for 2.

One more, Is it tax deductible? 

I'd say you can do all the easy tracks two up and some of the intermediate depending on your ability.  We'd love to have you both!

That's a great question but one perhaps for your accountant.  The raffle tickets are most certainly tax deductible but the actual event I'm not sure since XLADV is not a 501 C 3 organization.

• Like 1

Any problems doing this 2up? My boss says I cant go with out her  We will pay for 2.
One more, Is it tax deductible? 

A couple of years ago my wife and I rode it two up. Yeah we did do some intermediate routes! Lots of Sand in some areas. I found out later myvrear Shock was shot when I got home... either than that if you are up for the Adventure it is definitely there! My wife is coming again this year, but driving in and kicking and taking pics!
  • Like 1

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Tr182md said:

If we bring the wife i would pay the registration for her but would not want to take a spot of a rider.  Do you count passengers in total count?

Yeah sorry but I do.  The costs are for food, camp spot, firewood, raffle, etc...   Thanks

Sorry I think I was not clear on my post.  If I brought met wife I would pay for two riders because I understand that costs are per person.  I did not want to take a spot for her as a rider and prevent someone who wanted to come who had a motorcycle since this is really for us riders.

So I suppose a better question is are you limiting the number of people or the number of motorcycles?  Maybe I should not bring the wife but hard to get away on a long weekend like this. ;)

If this fills up maybe I could give up her spot for a rider?

Edited by Tr182md
typo